Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Desperate Dad's Guide to Getting Some and Other Tales from a Slightly Soiled Marriage by JAckie Papandrew




The Desperate Dad's Guide to Getting Some

Summary:
If you’re a woman who understands that choreplay is most definitely foreplay, that hiding the remote control is a valid strategy for getting the Honey Do List done, and that while there’s no such thing as “woman’s work,” there are jobs only a man should have to do, then this book is for you. And if you’re a man who still hasn’t quite gotten the choreplay message, who thinks you have to be teeming with testosterone to use the grill and who truly believes men and women should share equal time and space in the bathroom, then, oh boy, is this book for you! Award-winning writer Jackie Papandrew takes us on a hilarious tour of her marriage, covering everything from bikinis to Kim Kardashian’s backside to stolen girly soap, and finally, to two match-making pigs. The Desperate Dad’s Guide to Getting Some is a riotous romp that even at its naughtiest is only rated PG. You’ll probably laugh off a certain posterior part of your body reading it!
Summary taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 98 pages (e-book)
Source: Kindle Freebie
Publication Date: May 15th 2011

Okay...lets be honest here. I'm only 21 (22 on May 31st)  so I know a lot of this doesn't apply to me even though Mr. Turning The Pages and I have been together for a few years now. However, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the book for what it is, and what it is is a hilarious insider's look into Jackie Papandrew's marriage and her views.

From the first page of the book I was addicted, I really don't think that there was a single part in the book where I wasn't giggling along with the writing as I read the book which at a short 98 pages was actually really good.

A lot of the stuff Jackie said reminds me of my mother, also named Jackie and her way of dealing with my dad...at the same time I kind of do the same things and/or experience(d) some of the things in her book in my relationship with Mr. Turning The Pages.

I think that this book is a great little thing to read. I think it's the perfect thing to read while waiting for laundry to dry, while cooking dinner or anytime really, just be prepared to laugh a lot like I did. I would have no trouble whatsoever recommending this one to any of my friends especially when they're in need of a laugh.

To add the book to Goodreads.com CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via B&N CLICK HERE
To visit Jackie's website CLICK HERE
To "Like" Jackie on Facebook CLICK HERE
To "Follow" Jackie on Twitter CLICK HERE

★ ★ ★ ★

1 comment:

  1. From your review this one definitely looks like fun! I'll have to read it sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!