Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Georgette Heyer Reading Challenge January Wrap Up

 
I know I'm a little late in putting up January's wrap up link up post but I wasn't feeling well yesterday and never got around to putting it up so you have my apologies. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get up my review of Cotillion which is the book I chose to read for the challenge this month but it will be up this week. I will say though I did enjoy my first foray into Heyer's writing and thought Cotillion was a fun read.
 
 
Cotillion
 
Summary:
 
A sham betrothal isn't the only thing that gets Kitty and Freddy into trouble, but it's definitely the beginning ..

A most unusual hero
Freddy is immensely rich, of course, and not bad-looking, but he's mild-mannered, a bit hapless-not anything like his virile, handsome, rakish cousin Jack ...

A heroine in a difficult situation
Young Kitty Charing stands to inherit a vast fortune from her irascible and eccentric guardian-provided she marries one of his great-nephews ...

A sham betrothal
No sooner does Kitty arrive in London then the race for her hand begins, but between confirmed rakes and bumbling affections, Kitty needs a daring scheme ...
Summary & Cover taken from
Goodreads.com
Length: 335 pages (Paperback)
Publication Date: October 1st 2007 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published 1953)
 
This month (February) I think I may give her novel The Grand Sophy a try.
 
How did you do with your first book in the challenge?
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This web site is really a walk-through for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it…. Agen Sbobet

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!